[ic] fedex_query.tag/Fedex.pm error - ("FEG") as a HASH ref

Chuck Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 12 17:42:00 2002

My shipping modes in the country table were: FEG GNDCOM 3DS GNDRES 2DA 2DM
1DA 1DM 1DP - FedEx had stopped working but nothing was "broken"

But I wanted to get FedEx working again.

I updated lib/Business/Fedex.pm and usertag/fedex_query.tag with the new
Fedex shipping modules courtesy of a previous post... you can review the new
code at http://www.motherboardzone.com/fedex/

Once installed and Interchange was restarted - On clicking "Check Out"
(checkout.html) the site reports "Internal Server Error" and the Interchange
logs show:

[11/November/2002:16:15:28 -0600] motherbo
/~motherbo/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/process.html Runtime error: Can't use string
("FEG") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at (eval 106) line 26.

I changed the ship modes in the country table to GNDCOM 3DS GNDRES 2DA 2DM
1DA 1DM 1DP and of course the error went away.

I restored the original lib/Business/Fedex.pm and usertag/fedex_query.tag
files and reset the shipping modes in the country table back to FEG GNDCOM
3DS GNDRES 2DA 2DM 1DA 1DM 1DP (which should have restored it to it's
original state) and the error "Can't use string ("FEG") as a HASH ref while
"strict refs" in use at (eval 106) line 26." returns.

What am I missing here and how do I successfully re-enable FedEx lookups?

Chuck Adams
MotherboardZone
caadams@MotherboardZone.com
512-345-8427 Voice