[ic] stacked variants problem - fix

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 12 21:49:00 2002

> > Unfortunately, stacking that does not work:
> >
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_order_item" value="base">
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_sku" value="variant1">
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_order_quantity" value=0>
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_order_item" value="base">
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_sku" value="variant2">
> > <input type=hidden name="mv_order_quantity" value=1>
> >
> I was trying to set up a similar thing recently (version 4.8). Looking at
> Order.pm, it is not set up to handle stacking products with matrix
options.
> The mv_sku fields are parsed and applied to the first product (index 0).

    Thanks for your response, it allowed me to know where to look and to
have some vague understanding as to what was going on.  After looking at the
code for a bit, reading your message, pondering an earlier email from Mike
where he indicated to me that what I wanted to do should work, and using the
trial-and-error development method, I discovered that all you have to do is
add:

<input type=hidden name="mv_order_item" value="[item-code]">
<input type=hidden name="mv_sku" value="[item-code]">
<input type=hidden name="mv_order_quantity" value=0>

    Somewhere near the top of your order form.  This idea wouldn't have come
without your message as I wouldn't have realized that the first sku was
being used as the base for all subsequent skus.  But it does appear to work
sofar.

Jeff