[ic] Can I build a block of HTML at startup?

Mark Gibson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 13 03:57:00 2002

Hi,
	Does anyone know if it is possible to build a block of HTML at
the start-up of a catalogue?

In our site we have a <select> menu which is generated from
a database table, but the table doesn't change very often.

Presently I'm building it on a per session basis and storing it in a [scratch]
variable - not ideal.

So I would like it to be built only at the start-up of the catalogue, or when
triggered by an external source.

Now I know it could be built outside of Interchange by a script before the
catalogue is started - but I would like to keep the site consistent - using
ITL.

Cheers
--
Mark Gibson <gibsonm@cromwell-tools.co.uk>