[ic] interpolate - reparse - safe_data problem?

kenshin@planetanime.com interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 13 17:46:01 2002

Hello,

I have been banging my head against this one for a long time now and I
can't seem to crack it.  If I don't put anything the ITL doesn't get
interpolated at all and it passes the ITL itself in the search e.g."se=%5Bcatalist-data%20cat%20name%5D"  I read on the mail list to try [tag
pragma safe_data] but it isn't working in my situation.  What I am trying
to do is build a list of categories and subcategories.  The list displays
fine but the link doesn't work.  Important bits are commented below.(Linux 2.4.9, IC 4.8.6, perl 5.6.1, Bundle::Interchange installed).

Any suggestions or alternate methods i should try?

Here's my code:
<!-- outside loop works fine, no problems here -->
[loop prefix=area search="
        fi=area
        tf=sort
        rf=code,name
        ra=yes
        "]

<!-- inside loop, this is the part where the problem is -->
[loop prefix="catlist" search="
  fi=cat
  se=[area-data area code] <!-- this gets interpolated ok -->
  sf=sel
  tf=sort
  rf=code,name
"]

  arg="
  fi=products
  co=yes
  st=db

  sf=prod_group
  se=[area-data area name] <!-- again this is also interpolated properly -->
  os=no

  sf=category
  se=[tag pragma safe_data][catalist-data cat name][/tag] <!-- this does
  not get interpolated or reparsed or is spared by safe_data pragma.  It
  ends up being blank -->  os=no
  "]" class="maintext">[catlist-data cat name] <!-- it is interpolated
  correctly here --></a>
[/loop]
[/loop]

Thanks for any enlightement on this subject
Mike k.