[ic] Two newbie questions

Michael Bacarella interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 16:41:00 2002

I'm still totally unfamilar with the ITL and it seems
as if just a few seconds of time from someone experienced
will save me hours of head scratching.

What's the idiom for only dealing with a single datum
from a file? That is, I am currently doing:

    [loop search="sf=id/se=[cgi mv_arg]/fi=products"]
        Details page for [loop-data products name]<br>
    [/loop]

which is overkill, because I know only one product will
match this and I want to display it more as a headline
instead of rendering a sequence of data (I'm aware of
flypage.html, that's not exactly what I'm trying to do).

Secondly:

    [page foo [cgi mv_arg]]click here</a>

renders a hyperlink to foo that doesn't quite work as I expected (the
highlighted link actually reads  "]click here").  What am
I doing wrong?

Any help here is much appreciated!