[ic] Newbie Question Installing on Linux 8.0 ?

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 13:45:01 2002

Sean Stockmeyer wrote:

| First... please forgive the absolute "newbie" nature of these questions.
|
| I wanted to know if there are issues installing Interchange on a 8.0
system... I was told by a friend that the structure of Apache 2 and
Linux 8.0 might have problems with the install of Interchange and Mod
Perl.. If this is the case.. should I be running 7.2 or 7.3..???

| If this is not the case... I am having a problem due to the Bundles...
or I think I am... The install says it requires (Storable... UPS...
Etc... Etc.. ) I installed the Bundles via MCPAN ... but still get the
same error when trying to install Interchange. The CPAN Bundles are
installed o root/.cpan/ directory and not /usr/lib/perl5/  not sure if
this makes a difference... or if it doesn't like the install but... I'm
stumped... ALSO tried to install Bundle::Interchange but that didn't
make a difference either.

interchange@oracledesign.com

| Thanks in advance...
|

| Sean Stockmeyer
| Oracle Design
| 99 Main Street
| Nyack, NY 10960
|
| 845-348-7687 Office
| 845-368-3071 Office 2
| 914-661-1018 Cell
| 845-348-0102 Fax

I have IC setup on a RedHat 8.0 system at home, it's not production, but
I haven't run across any issues yet with Apache2.x and IC.  Though I
have with Apache2.0, PHP-4.2.x and postNuke but that's a different story.

To  install the Bundle (there are actually 2) Bundle::Interchange and
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink
( I prefer the Kitchen Sink one, as it includes everything, including
the XLS modules.) type

perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink'

If it's the first time that you've used CPAN, it will ask you a whole
bunch of questions, accepting the defaults is just fine, at least I've
never had a problem if I did.  Yes it will use the /root/.cpan directory
to download, configure, and compile the sources, but it will install the
compiled stuff in the correct place automatically.