[ic] Category Building Error

Fri Nov 15 15:20:00 2002

Quoting Thomas J.M. Burton (tom@globalfocusdm.com):
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've encountered a problem with auto-populate not building a complete
> category list.
> >From searching the mail list, it seems that I'm not the only one who
> >has experienced
> this problem. However, I could not find any post that had a solution.
>
> I'm using the pages/admin/layout_auto.html that was posted by Mike
> (found it here:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-October/013912.html )
>
> It worked fine until last night, when it started only building a partial category
> list.
>
> I have over 100 items with a prod_group of Earrings, and there are
> several categories within that group of products. When an
> auto-populate is run, it only builds three of the categories that
> should be under Earrings.

You really should be mentioning your DB type, OS, version, etc., because
there isn't any way anyone can authoritatively help you without that info.

My guess is that you are using GDBM and have run into a limit of 50 categories.
You would want to update your version of IC and/or change layout_auto
to set ml => 10000 in your query call. You could also not be operating
with an exported cat and area table....

But again, that is only a guess, because there is no way to know.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector