[ic] Setting up SQL

Farhan Mashraqi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 15 16:07:01 2002

I have tested this Interchange 4.8.6 that comes installed with Cpanel5.

Before continuing make sure you have created a mysql database properly
alongwith the necessary permissions for the database user.

1. If not already installed, Install the Perl Module DBD::mysql . This can
be installed using WHM
2: Go to Interchange foundation store admin area
3. Click on "Administration" button
4. Click on "Preferences"
5. Select the check boxes next to "MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_DB", "MYSQL", "SQLDSN",
"SQLPASS", "SQLUSER"
6. Click on "Edit checked records in sequence".
   a) Change the "Variable" value for MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_DB field from 1 to 0
and click on "OK"
   b) Set the "Variable" value for MYSQL to "Yes"
   c) For SQLDSN set the value of "Variable" to a format like this
      "dbi:mysql:database=database_name:host=localhost"
      (without the quotation marks)
   d) For SQLPASS set the value of "Variable" to your password
   e) For SQLUSER set the value of "Variable" to your mysql username
7. Now click on "Apply Changes" and you are done.
Farhan Mashraqi
Creative and Development Manager
Designerz L.L.C
www.Designerz.com