[ic] RE: (ic) Admin over SSL

Hans interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 18 15:53:00 2002

Hans said:

 >Greetings - I'm trying to get the Admin UI to work over SSL. I set up

the

 >secure server address, etc., and have added
 >
 >admin
 >
 >to the AlwaysSecure in the catalog.cfg.
 >
 >This fails to route to the secure server. However, when I add
 >
 >admin/entry
 >
 >to the AlwaysSecure, it successfully loads from the secure server to
 >allow me to enter the CC numbers.
 >
 >What I'm trying to do is have the entire Admin session over SSL, but it

 >doesn't seem to work by just adding
 >
 >admin
 >
 >.....  Would someone be so kind as to shed light ??
 >
 >Many thanks ---

'admin' would not match everything. However, there is a handy variable
UI_SECURE (found from the admin pages under Administration...Preferences
...Admin control). If this is set to 1, then all of your admin pages
will be
secure.

John.

---------

Thanks for the tip John. I set the variable to 1, applied changes,
logged out, and then logged back in from
http://me.com/~me/cart.cgi/admin/login.html and also from my shared
secure server https://me.com/~me/cart.cgi/admin/login.html but under
both instances, I am dropped into the Admin section UNSECURED, i.e., no
ssl working under the admin.

Does this strike an idea? Anyone have a thought as to how i can secure
the Admin section?

Muchos --- Hans