[ic] Adding Null to Select Box using mv_metadata?

Mon Nov 18 16:47:01 2002

Quoting David Kelly (david@zeald.com):
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 8:31 pm, Rene Hertell wrote:
> > > I have a page that is using the table-editor tag to edit a number
> > > of fields in the database. One of the fields is using a Select Box
> > > to display a list of options that have been extracted from another
> > > table in the database (using mv_metadata). I need to add a NULL
> > > value to the select box so that on occasion the user can select a
> > > NULL value from the dropdown. Has anyone ever done this before?
> > > and if so could they point me to some docs, old mailing list/forum
> > > posts or anything else that might help me get this going?
> >
> > I think that the nullselect filter is what you are looking for...
>
> Yeah I was thinking that too ... but I gave it a try and no joy?
> Any other ideas?

Are you *explicitly* trying to set a database NULL value? Hmm. IC's
update_data routine can't do that; and it is not common, for this is the
first time I have ever heard that desire.

If you are *inserting* a record, you can just not have that field
in the table editor definition.

You could easily write an mv_cleanup function to do it, but without some
good reason for doing it routinely I don't think we want to add it to
update_data.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.