[ic] how to remove path from file upload when updating database

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 25 14:08:01 2002

I have a form which adds new data to a table every
time it is submitted.  On the form there are some
<input type=file ...> everytime the "Browse" button is
clicked the name reads C:\somedir\somefile.jpg and
thus the database table records
C:\somedir\somefile.jpg. I would like the database to
record only the last portion, somefile.jpg and have
the path removed.

I have managed to get the file to save the name in my
upload directory correctly, but I cant get the table
to save the name properly. Any suggestions on how I
could go about doing this.
using ic 4.8.6, mysql

Thanks for any help,
Tom