[ic] StaticFly

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 25 20:55:01 2002

> I'm thinking I need something to periodically (daily) run through that
> keyword matching for every product in the products database and write each
> set of results to a field for each product.  That way I won't have to run
> through that search and evaluation every time a flypage is loaded.  I
guess
> the best way to do that would be with a cron and a series of loops and
data
> tag?

    You could set up a keywords table with two fields, "keyword" and
"itemcode".  Each keyword in the product file keywor field would generate a
new row in your new keywords table.  During your cron job, take your
products keywords and split them apart, and add/remove/delete keywords from
your keyword table as necessary.  This table could be searched fast because
you would be looking for exact matches.

Jeff