[ic] how to remove path from file upload when updating database

Tue Nov 26 08:20:00 2002

Quoting Lyn St George (lyn@zolotek.net):
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:07:47 -0800 (PST), Thanh Luong wrote:
>
> >I have a form which adds new data to a table every
> >time it is submitted.  On the form there are some
> ><input type=file ...> everytime the "Browse" button is
> >clicked the name reads C:\somedir\somefile.jpg and
> >thus the database table records
> >C:\somedir\somefile.jpg. I would like the database to
> >record only the last portion, somefile.jpg and have
> >the path removed.
>
> As you're using this on Windows, therein  lies your problem. This kind
> of thing works flawlessly on Unix (Linux, *BSD, Solaris, even on OS/2 ...)
> but on Windows all bets are off. You'll find this comment in the faq:
> " ... there are numerous anomalies and it may be difficult to get [IC on Windows]
> operating reliably". Sorry, but that's it.

It should work fine on the client side. It begs the question of the browser
in use, though. I happen to know this type of thing works fine on MSIE
5 and above....

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector