[ic] Validating form HOWTO

Tue Nov 26 08:22:01 2002

Quoting DB (DB@M-and-D.com):
> >> Here's a quick summary on how to do a validating form in IC 4.8.6
> >> There are 2 pages used, feedback.html and feedback2.html
> >
> >     OK, maybe we haven't completely solved the validation issue.  When
> > testing our newly-created page, validation failure causes all form fields to
> > revert back to their previous values.  So if all the fields were blank prior
> > to validation, and the user leaves one required field blank, when the page
> > reloads all the fields are blank again.
> >     Does this hold true on your system as well?  I have some pretty
> > aggressive anti-caching settings on my IC catalog here and I am not certain
> > that isn't the cause.
> >

> > Jeff
>

> Putting
>
> [update values]
>
> at the top of the form and using
> value=[value name]
>
> for the INPUT tags takes care of this (exactly as shown in the HOWTO
> post). If you have these and it doesn't work I'd guess it has to do with
> your anti-caching but I'm no guru ;)

This should also be found in the archives. In 4.9 you can put
&update=yes in the profile and have it copy values after it checks
them.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry