[ic] newbie checkout question: mandatory shipping address

Ross McAllister interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 13:40:09 2002

>>Esteemed ic-guys:
>>
>>  This must be a pretty easy one and doubtless well documented but
I've
>>trawled the archived and rtfm with no joy.
>>
>>  I'm doing a site where the shipping and delivery addresses must both

>>be entered and I can't figure out how to insist the user enters both.
>>I've copied code of this sort:

>>	      <b>First Name</b>
>>	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_fname VALUE="[value b_fname]"
size="20"
>>maxlength="20">
>>	      <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=b_lname VALUE="[value b_lname]"
size="20">

>>  to replace the collection of the billing address in the foundation
>>code (this is cribbed from the code that collect the shipping info)
but
>>it doesn't complain if the input field is blank.
>>
>>  My guess is that somewhere there lurks something that tells IC what
>>needs checking here but I can't find it. Help greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Ross McAllister

>Take a look at etc/profiles.order to see how required fields are
handled.

>For instance, let's say you wanted something labeled Delivery Address
to be >required whose associated form field name was "d_address".

>Here would be your steps.

>1. Add something like this for the label of the field:
>[error name=d_address std_label="Delivery Address" required=1]

>2. Give it a form field like:
><INPUT TYPE=text NAME=d_address size="20">

>3. Make this entry into the proper place in profiles.order:
>d_address=required

>4. I think you need to restart IC, but I cannot remember.Michael,

  Thanks for your response. I edited the profiles.order file and the
ckeckout as you suggested (and was quite optimistic as it was the kind
of solution I expected) and restarted ic. No change.

  I tried it with a new, clean foundation store with only one data input
in the shipping address. Still nothing. I suspect it's not checking the
shipping address at all because of some switch set somewhere but I can't
find it. Any ideas?

  Regards,

Ross