[ic] Deciding between Interchange and Miva (Questions)

Lara interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 13:52:00 2002

Just wanted to throw my two bits in as yet another perspective from a less
Interchange-experienced developer.

I'm a graphic/interface designer with a very _basic_ (see: minimal)
background in programming, except HTML and JS, and I love Interchange. I do
have access to a great programmer, but have only needed to call on him a
couple of times for a bit of Perl. Our client wanted lots of customization,
which, as far as I know, wouldn't have been possible with Miva. I find the
interface fairly easy to work with. I haven't had any trouble modifying and
adding tables, as needed. I was able to easily modify the look-and-feel of
foundation store; the end result is something entirely new and different.

Yes, there's a big learning curve, but it's been a smooth ride, for the
most part. The documentation is lacking but getting better. I've been
dependent on the list archives; it has gotten me out of
I-don't-know-how-many jams.

Customization is our primary concern and in that respect, Interchange wins
easily. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to future clients.

Lara