[ic] Interchange, SSL???

Brandon Mercer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 13:53:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 13:37, jeff_obranovich wrote:
> Can someone who has experience installing SSL certificates please help?
>
> I would like to add SSL to my Interchange site which is hosted by
> webhostxl.com on a dedicated server.
Why won't they generate the keys as well if they will install them...
it's all part of the same thing.  When you generate the keys you just
issue a make install.  It's considerably less involved than having
someone else create them, ftping them into the host and then installing
them.
> openssl req –new –nodes -keyout myserver.key –out server.csr
That command is to be issued when you're logged into your host after you
have the keys so you can get a Digital Certificate from a Certificate
Authority.

If you need more help contact your host to see if they can create those
items... if they can install them you may as well have them create them
as well.
Brandon