[ic] Using Paypal

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 13:58:00 2002

Binh Huynh wrote:

>I also read many articles about Paypal and Interchange. I still don't
>understand why Interchange does not suggest the secure Paypal system
>deal with the credit card transaction for sellers. It's safe for
>buyers, it's time saving for sellers.

Paypal is not the 'cure all' to the Internet's remittance woes and one
of the major complaints against Paypal is their crappy customer service
and support, not to mention the pain that you must go through to get
them to correct an invalid transaction.  Additionally, they are not
controlled or audited yet they dip into and out of bank accounts at
their will, often holding on to your cash for days or weeks at a time
claiming it takes that long for the electronic funds transfer to occur
and confirm.

It isn't as rosy as you portray it and whether that has had an impact on
the integration of PP into IC, I cannot say but if you are serious about
any type of remittance volume, I'd suggest you look for a more robust
company and service, with customer service...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028