[ic] newbie checkout question: mandatory shipping address

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 27 16:26:01 2002

> did you note that in our case, we had clients visit the site, not
> complete the ship-to fields, attempt a save, receive the warnings, and
> then return to the main page only to select an item and buy it?  That
> process never returned to the accounts page...
>
> Am I missing something?

I think it was the "nothing would stop them from leaving the page" that
caused me to misunderstand, I assumed that it was the lack of "required"
fields in the default accounts page that was creating the issue.  In
re-reading your message, the bounce seems like the best idea, unless you
wanted to enable some fields for input on the checkout page if those fields
were not previously filled out.

Jeff