[ic] getting frustrated, can't get server running

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 05:13:00 2002

J P wrote:

>Please help.  This is really getting frustrating.  All
>I get is this:
>
>We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
>We are out of service or may be experiencing high
>system demand. Please try again soon.
>
>I've spent about three hours now trying to figure it
>out, I've been through the FAQ's and searched the
>mailing list.  I followed all the hints I've found and
>I'm noticing a few things.
>
>First, the tables aren't populated.  The first time I
>ran it it had some problems with creating the tables,
>and I think that was a permissions issue in mysql, so
>I fixed up the db user, flushed privileges and created
>the tables manually from the error messages spewed
>out.  I then re-ran the makecat, still no luck.  These
>are the types of error messages I was getting - it
>doesn't seem to be dropping the ic_test_create table
>as it goes through everything.  And whenever I use the
>bin/restart it goes through all these errors.

Hi - here's an idea. now that you've fixed your mysql permissions
problem, why not drop all the tables in the database, delete the catalog
directory (something like /var/lib/interchange/foundation?) and the html
directory (maybe /home/html/foundation?) and rerun makecat with
everything fresh and clean and blank?

good luck

John