[ic] admin/login: item list

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 29 11:36:01 2002

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>>>Since swish, I never used that search. Anyway, I fixed this problem.
>>>

>>    When the swish version showed up I was a quick convert, however, there
>>are times when the google version finds something that swish doesn't.
>>What appears to have happened is the interchange server of mailing list
>>archives as disappeared from RedHat.
>>
>>    The question I have is what happened to all those archived questions
>>that were at RedHat ?  Would be really if they can be brought to the
>>new servers.
>>

>AFAIK the archives are the same, but the algorithms of Google and Swish
>differ. That would explain the different results.

    Well often the links for the search results from google begin with
interchange.redhat.com
as opposed to www.icdevgroup.org and I'm guessing those archives don't
exist at icdevgroup.
Maybe my thinking is wrong.  Though I've often come up empty via swish
yet results from google.
So if the algorithms are different it would be helpful to have both with
all the archives icdevgroup.
I guess I want it all  !!

Jon