[ic] Entering products through web interface

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 3 12:35:01 2002

> Entering products through web interface
>
> I am new to interchange...not new to carts.  I have built a site and is
> ready to go...sans one detail.  The web interface area for adding products
> to the cart seems to not take to the database.  Changes are also an issue.
> Am I not getting something or is there a setting I forgot?
>
> I am able to import a DB from XL or a flat file.  So that is
> there...but the
> customer who is using the cart is a true novice - even at excel.
>
> Once the products have been imported, I cannot make changes to
> them or clone
> them.  I click on OK and it refreshes the screen, but the updated or added
> product does not show.  I have tried to "apply changes" recycle the server
> and what not.  No avail.  I have attempted to read all docs, but
> can't seem
> to find this...and of course, I am under a time crunch.
>
> Any and all of your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Chris Bartholomew

What database are you using? If you are using the internal gdbm database, I
use to delete the associated pages/foo.gdbm file, then apply changes, it
would then rebuild your database with the data found in pages/foo.txt

I always did it this way, but I remember reading that it was not neccessary
to delete the gdbm file, but I quickly switched to mysql, so I never looked
into it. You always want to export (via UI) your table to the pages/foo.txt
file before downloading (for editing) to make sure it is up to date.

If you are on mysql, you need to delete the placeholder file pages/foo.sql,
then restart.

IC does not "read" or "write" directly from the pages/foo.txt files, you
need to explicitly tell IC to do this, by exporting and importing, and
keeping failsafe placeholder files in mind.

Paul