[ic] Question on generating Options....

Fri Oct 4 18:21:05 2002

Quoting Hector S. Mendoza Ortiz (hector@acorporativa.com.mx):
> Hello all...
>
> I wondered if there is a way when creating the options for a product and
> click on generate all combinations, instead of using a "-" as separator
> from the master sku and options, just to use something else or probably
> nothing....
>
> ex:
>
> Product sku    200
>     color:    w=white,b=black
>     size:       s=small,m=medium
>
> Generated option sku's are: 200-w-s, 200-w-m, 200-b-s, 200-b-m
>
> Instead generate 200ws, 200wm, 200bs, 200bm
>
> I've tried all configuration files in $cataloghome/products,
> $cataloghome/etc, $cataloghome/catalog.cfg but can't seem to find
> anything....

No can do. There has to be a separator, or there would be no way
to determine the option from the part number.

In other words, how do you know whether it is:

   a 200ws with no options
   a 200w with an s option
   a 20 with a 0,w, and s option

etc. etc.

If you want to create such a thing for your order desk, just do
this on the order report form:

   [filter op=word][item-code][/filter]

That will make 200ws out of 200-w-s.

I highly recommend you don't do this, though. 8-)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman