[ic] mysql connection

GatorDev interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 7 16:52:00 2002

Quoting Jordan:
> Schuyler Langdon writes:
> I'm getting an unusual problem with mysql. When I start ic (4.8.6) with a
> catalog configured for mysql it gives the error: "no database driver
> specified and DBI_DSN env var not set". It does this when trying to create
> table it thinks doesn't exist. However, it does read the first table,
> "options", then fails on all the others. I also tried setting up a catalog
> with makecat and the same thing -- it created the table "options", then
> failed on the rest.
>
> When the database connection fails, it looks like only the user name and
> password -- and not the DSN are being passed to DBI::connect. This is the
> array that is returned from find_dsn in DBI.pm:
> find_dsn dump= [
>   undef,
>   'user',
>   'pass',
>   undef,
>   undef
> ]
> Shouldn't the first element be the actual DSN string?
<snip>
> I know it seems like this shouldn't be it, because the options table is
> created, but I went through the exact same thing.  Kevin helped me and it
> worked like a charm.
>
> It looks as though your SQL_DSN directive is DBI:mysql:test_db  when it
> should be dbi:mysql:test_db (no caps).  Try it and see.  I hope it helps.
> Jordan

Thank you very much for your reply -- you saved me alot of further
aggravation. I didn't know that the "DBI" is case sensitive as far as ic is
concerned, or why it should be. It looks like SQLDSN is already set by the
time the ifndef SQLDSN block in catalog.cfg is read. Would anyone happen to
know where this variable is located? For the time being I just ran makecat
again and it seems to work allright.

--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev