[ic] a little guidance, please

Kumar, Ace interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 22:06:02 2002

I'm looking to add custom lettering to clothing items on my IC site.  I
want to be able to select a product (in a certain category only) and
have a text field show up to enter the customized text that the user
would like to have on the item. I've run into some snags getting things
to work, though.

I've tried setting up a modifer in my catalog.cfg (UseModifier
lettering), and I can get a text box to show up with [item-accessories
code=3D"[item-code]" type=3D"text_10" name=3D"lettering"], but I'm =
obviously
missing something since I get get the value of whatever was entered back
out (I want to display it on the cart page, plus give the user the
opportunity to modify the lettering in case they want to make changes).

Could someone who has done this before give me a little guidance on how
to get this set up?

Thanks.

Ace
--
Simran (Ace) Kumar      Manager, UNIX Services=20
DigiKnow, Inc           T: 216.292.7259