[ic] Accessing search string on results.html

Chris Bartholomew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 9 23:35:01 2002

This one kind of follows an older question that I have not found the
solution for...

Here is an example of how my left hand TEXT navigation is parsing out:
"<A
HREF=""""http://brasforyou.com/~bras/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=c
ategory/se=Bra%20Accessories/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=.html?id=hC8aSH
Tq"""" CLASS=""""barlink"""">Bra Accessories</A>"

Do you notice the INORDINATE amount of quotes?  Of course so.  Can anyone
shed some light as to what I did to get them there?

initially, that looked promising.  I did see some extra quotes (but not 4
extra) and deleted them in a Unix type text application (on a Mac).  The
Excel sheets were created on windoze (I think 98).  They were then brought
over to a Mac and uploaded.  Once we thought this was an issue, we started
exporting the tables out as TAB delineated text files.  I then filtered them
through another application to remove any quotes. I was even told to try
processing them through ACCESS and exporting as Tab delineated text files,
then bringing them into the TABLE IMPORT area of the UI.

Well, after all that, it has not been any better.  I am at wits end and my
clients have no cash for additional outsource help.

Anyone got an hail mary pass for me?

Thanks

Chris