[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 10 18:54:00 2002

Ed LaFrance [edl@newmediaems.com] wrote:

> Not sure I understand what you are attempting, but just to review, the
> intent of the FullURL directive ***as I understand it*** is to allow one IC
> server to run multiple catalogs with the same script name (i.e.: CGI_URL),
> provided of course that each is accessed with a different URI, i.e.:
>
> http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
> http://www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
> http://store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
>
> ...would be three different catalogs on the same server. The Catalog
> directives in interchange.cfg might look like this:
>
> Catalog  store /home/domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> Catalog  store /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
> Catalog  store /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store  /cgi-bin/store
>
> Note that they could all share the same actual cgi link file; Interchange
> would determine which CATROOT to use based on the full URL of the http request.
>
> Does it work? Dunno, never tried it. Am I wrong about all of this? Quite
> possibly ;-)

FullURL does work - I use it myself.

The Catalog directive shown above is incorrect.  In FullURL mode, the
script name would need to change from "/cgi-bin/store" to
"www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store".  It would also be a good idea to add
"www.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store" as an alias.

Of course, you'd also need to change the site names.  Your example
shows three sites, all called 'store'.

I would suggest the following:

    Catalog domain directory /home/domain.com/catalogs/store
    Catalog domain script    www.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
    Catalog domain alias     www.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store

    Catalog myhome directory /home/myhome.com/catalogs/store
    Catalog myhome script    www.myhome.com/cgi-bin/store
    Catalog myhome alias     www.myhome.com:443/cgi-bin/store

    Catalog store  directory /home/store.domain.com/catalogs/store
    Catalog store  script    store.domain.com/cgi-bin/store
    Catalog store  alias     store.domain.com:443/cgi-bin/store

You can create a single line (per site) with all the Catalog information,
but I prefer to split it out.

Have fun. :-)