[ic] Uploading new pictures

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 00:50:02 2002

> I am clicking "Items" and then clicking the "SKU" for the item.  I am
> adding the picture in the "Information/ Image area".  The name of the
> picture is showing as if it uploaded the picture.  When I check the
> website the picture is not there.

    It's probably a permissions problem like the previous issue you
mentioned.  The items and thumb directories should be owned by the user the
interchange server is running as.

> In addition, when I install Interchange it created a directory called
> catalogs/username.  The catalog is in there.  I only way I can get to
> the catalog from the web is going to:
>
> http://therealfood.com/~username/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
>
> At one point I am going to have to move the website to:
>
> http://therealfood.com/index.html
>
> Do you know how to do this?

    Have your server administrator set up a rewrite rule in the web server
configuration.  The rule will redirect the second url you mentioned to the
first url.

Jeff