[ic] Payment package problems

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 17 17:21:00 2002

Jim Boyer [boyerj@wsu.edu] wrote:

> I am trying to write my own Payment package using XML-RPC.  I am modifying
> the TestPayment module written by Kevin Walsh.  My problem occurs when I
> try to use the XML-RPC package.  I have placed the rpc package in the
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Payment directory so IC could find it.  I try
> and use the package within my subroutine with the command
>
> use Vend::Payment::Frontier::Client;
>
> When I restart IC it fails and tells me that the TestPayment package is not
> found.  When I take out the rpc use statement the package works.  Where am
> I going wrong in trying to use this rpc package?  The file /tmp/icdebug
> says nothing because IC fails before it gets that far.  Is there a way to
> find out what is failing and why?

Presumably, you have a file called "Client.pm".  I'm guessing that, inside
that file, there's a line that reads "package Frontier::Client;".

If that is correct then install the file as "lib/Frontier/Client.pm",
instead of "lib/Vend/Payment/Frontier/Client.pm". and change your
"use Vend::Payment::Frontier::Client;" to "use Frontier::Client;".

If your Client.pm came with installation instructions then follow those
instead. :-)