[ic] Incomplete User Account Setup

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 18 19:51:00 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

BTJ>>Has anyone else encountered this and if so, how have you worked around
BTJ>>it?  I have thought about modifying the login page to manually check for
BTJ>>required fields and if any are missing, bounce to the accounts page, but
BTJ>>this makes the site more 'high-maintenance' if additional fields are
BTJ>>added in the future that are 'required.'

4.6 has no checking (apparently) when they are setting up an account.
However, I let them shop and put stuff in the cart without logging in. Once
they hit the check-out they have to log in and everything has to be
completed before the whole process will complete.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Friday, October 18, 2002 at 19:45 PM:
Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder!

This Linux System has been up 121 hours