[ic] access_gating whole catalog?

Tim Stoakes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 21:22:00 2002

Hi all

I've successfully used the .access and .access_gate system to protect a subdirectory of a catalog, no worries. Now I want to protect the whole catalog. ie:
http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/teststore/*
must redirect to the violation page.
Ideally I would like this to work like .htaccess files do, and just put a single .access_gate file in catroot/pages containing
login.html:	Yes
*: [if session logged_in]Yes[/if]
for starters.

However, interchange fails to find the .access and .access_gate files if I put them in catroot/pages. I think eg. that if you click http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/teststore/index.html ic is looking for catroot/pages/index/.access_gate, which is wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I doing something stupid/impossible?

Cheers
Tim S