[ic] Credit card return values help. SOLVED

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 17:28:00 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Mike Heins wrote:

MH>>The docs are just not organized very well. I wish we would find
MH>>some sort of documentation god to rain grace upon our documentation,
MH>>but judging from the lack of docs of most open source projects I doubt
MH>>that will happen.

MH>>I spent $7,000 personally to have some editing done on the Minivend
MH>>docs, and Akopia put a couple tens of thousands of dollars into things.
MH>>I would grant at least $10,000 right now to anyone who did a great job
MH>>with our current docs. The problem is that from past experience, I have
MH>>no confidence that anyone would do much with them given that money, so I
MH>>wouldn't pay it up front or guaranteed. I would do it in a flash if they
MH>>did an obvious bang-up job that is acclaimed by all. That is a serious
MH>>offer, by the way. It would require plain-text editability, and some
MH>>sort of parseable format that could be put in a database and searched.
MH>>Beyond that, if everyone acclaimed it I would write a check.

Do you feel that everything that needs to be known about Interchange is
already written down and just needs to be juggled around? If that's the
case, I believe that I have a bit of competency toward doing that.

If you feel that there is quite a bit more that needs to be added, then that
(probably) requires that someone crawl inside of your head and learn what
you have done.

In my personal opinion, the docs need more examples of how to use something
(a tag, perhaps) in a piece of workable code. I would write some things in
an attempt at documentation, but I know just enough about IC to keep my
store up and running and maintained.

If it's just a matter of juggling and tweaking, I would be willing to give
it a try.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 17:15 PM:
If I can't fix it, it's probably dead.

This Linux System has been up 215 hours