[ic] Credit Card Number

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 22:19:01 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Jeff Dafoe wrote:

JD>>    There are so many resources available, it looks like the issue you are
JD>>experiencing is not simple enough to post in a message (either the exact
JD>>problem or an exact solution), so all you have to do is decide what method
JD>>of resolution you want to use.

Caveat: I realize that Mr. Bridges has been unsubscribed.

What Mr. Bridges is looking for is accomplished extremely simply. While I've
ranted about the doc's in the past, this one is covered in the doc's. This
one is also covered by simply studying the source code in various places and
experimenting.

All that it takes is investing a little time and learning into what has
already been handed out.

But, the problem is the extreme risk in passing credit card numbers in the
open. Even worse is when it is someone elses credit card number that you are
passing around and playing games with.

In my opinion, once a person has gotten to the point that they have learned
how to do this, they will have also learned the severe risks and the harsh
liabilities that they are taking on.

The software is FREE. What's wrong with paying a professional some money to
help deal with some of the mysteries?

Mr. Banks doesn't realize this.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 22:00 PM:
Friendly fire - ISN'T !

This Linux System has been up 219 hours