[ic] mv_order_route

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 23 11:33:01 2002

> Could anyone tell me how to enable the option in Items to display
> mv_order_route field? I can not find it in Edit items...
>
> So for example if I set this in catalog:
>    Route  firm1  email           orders@firm1.com
>    Route  firm1  reply           service@firm1.com
>    Route  firm1  encrypt         0
>    Route  firm1  report          etc/report_mail
>
> and
>
>    Route  firm2  email           orders@firm2.com
>    Route  firm2  reply           service@firm2.com
>    Route  firm2  encrypt         0
>    Route  firm2  report          etc/report_mail
>

> and in Items I add the mv_order_route to one product FIRM1 and
> another FIRM2
> .. the order will then go to 2 emails each including products with right
> route (so items with FIRM1 will go to FIRM1 email and items with
> FIRM2 would
> go to FIRM2 email)
>
> Is this correct? and if it is.. please help me get the option
> mv_order_route
> in Items list..
>
> Thanks!
> Saso

Saso, this is wrong. Number one, mv_order_route is not in the products
table, not should it be. I believe you should not name columns in tables the
same as session variables.

Anyways, the idea is to create another column in products (or recycle one)
called maybe 'firm' then in it you would put a '1' or '2' or '3'..... to
represent the different firms.

Then use that as your "flag value".

Note: I was messing with order routes a while abck and this is what Mike
Heins said:
---------------------------------------
    FormIgnore  mv_order_route

nothing that comes in from the form is good. (We did that because having
the user be able to arbitrarily set order routes can be a security problem.)

So you won't be able to set mv_order_route in your forms. You would have to
do it in etc/proflies.order or somewhere, but I am not sure if
profile.orders is item specific. Maybe I am wrong.

What you could do, is send the item list to a pre-processing page (that the
user never sees). Loop through the item list and set all the
mv_order_routes, it would have to be done after checkout and before it is
sent your order route.

I wish someone would chim in, becuase I know this has to be implemented
somewhere by someone.

If you ask me, the email to your fullfillment houses is completely
secondary, and should be handled as your last route (post process page), and
can be "controlled" by the above said 'firm' column in products.

When I started out I found a consultant that would do a little question and
answer thing with me when I needed it. The list is great, but sometimes the
'people in the know' are busy with clients, other lists, or not interested
in the subject line. So far it looks like I am the only one interested in
your subject :) That happens. The people in the know can't be everywhere all
the time.

Anyways, I can recommend some if you like. However, i had a pretty good
understanding of how to use order routes, but I still hired a consultant
just to double check my work on them. It can get complicated fast, that is
why my solutions are a little easier to implement, but probably take up more
overhead. I try to get everything done with ITL, becuase I am not too slick
with Perl.

HTH
Paul