[ic] 500 error on design link

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 29 15:06:01 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 02:36:17PM -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 13:05, Brian Kosick wrote:
>
> > I'm am running, at home, redhat 8.0, interchange 4.8.6, and apache 2.x
> > and have expereinced no problems.....
>
> Please share some details! I have a newly installed RH8, apache 2.x and
> interchange 4.8.6 that just croaks on all sorts of admin UI issues.
> Ex: from "page design", clicking the "+" to add a new item kicks out an
> error: "Undefined catalog:
> mv_session_id=TwfsSqMg\&ui_window_name=mainwindow\&mv_todo=return\&mv_nextpage=admin/layout\&ui_filter_class=\&area=1020\&mv_click_map=Section_properties\&mv_click_Section_properties=\&mv_click_map=Sort_section_higher\&mv_click_Sort_section_higher=\&mv_click_map=Sort_section_lower\&mv_click_Sort_section_lower=\&mv_click_map=Create_section\&mv_click_Create_section=Create"

=\

I **believe** this is related to issue discussed maybe two months back on
the list.  Posts by MH, Barry and myself at least.  Search also on Roxen.
My money is on your link.  I think I posted a perl tlink with a work
around.  Back down to apache 1.3 and I bet it will be ok.  Either that
or play with the various tlink/vlink/mod_ options.

> Now the catalog _IS_ defined as I can access it as a user. In fact it
> has stuff in it I created. Granted, this is an imported catalog from a
> 4.8.5 setup on a RH 7.3 apache 1.3x system.
>
> Some things I have noticed. GDBM is a new version on RH8 (V.4 vs v.3 on
> prior RH) So I have deleted all .gdbm file (and *.sql) in products and
> restarted to remake the database files under the new scheme.

That error has nothing to do with the link error above.  If it is on
a dev box and you are always messing with it, establish a way to
get to consistent clean state.