[ic] Re: Accounting Package

Toni Mueller interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 30 14:15:01 2002

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 10:43:22PM -0700, Burkay Zenger wrote:
> what is the current status of the accounting package?
> there were some people working on a accounting module
> integrated to interchange. i hope v5 includes
> accounting functionality. it is really a must to have.

so far my understanding was that there is not much of a desire
to mix Interchange with accounting. There are already some
accounting packages that can me made to work with Interchange,
like, apparently, sql-ledger and compiere, and I can think of
some of reasons why one should prefer to see the development
effort go into improving Interchange instead of leaving it
where it is and try to re-invent a poor accounting package.

Interchange is really good, but can still use improvements
(what can't?). Let's concentrate on the core business which
Mike and friends have so far pursued in a great manner ;-)

Best,
--Toni++