[ic] 'Add' Items Via Upload

Ian C. Melville interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 30 21:00:02 2002

Chaim:

That's one of the more straightforward uploads in IC 4.8.6 as I found
out recently :-) From the admin area go to the table manager and
download the products.txt file. This is usually a TAB-delimited file and
can be opened/edited in excel or access. The file may be empty or it may
have data already but what you're really after is the structure of the
file (column headings). Add your data (following the data already there
(or the column headings) and save the completed file as a TAB-delimited
file--removing any records that you don't need. Upload it using the
table manager. If you wish to keep existing records just append your new
records to the file starting at the first available row.

TIP: If you use excel to edit the file make sure you open the file in a
plain text editor (like notepad) before uploading it and remove any
extraneous quotation marks--excel has a way of putting these in the
saved file and you don't need them.

That should do it!

Cheers!

Ian C. Melville