[ic] PREFIX-change question

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 1 16:07:02 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out an effective way in creating a time-table for a
sport-activity, but I don't know how I should do it without having to create
too many queries on that page. It should be grouped + sorted by each city,
and after that grouped + sorted by each sport-club active in that city.

The table looks like this:
code  city      sports_club  weekday   time  address etc..
1     Helsinki  club1        Monday    19.00 ...
2     Helsinki  club1        Wednesday 18.30 ...
3     Helsinki  club2        Tuesday   18.30 ...
4     Helsinki  club2        Friday    18.30 ...
5     Tampere   club3        Thursday  19.00

The output should look something like this:
City 1
   Sports club A
        Monday    19.00   address...
        Wednesday 18.30   address...

   Sports club B
        Tuesday   18.30   address...
        Friday    18.30   address...
City 2
   Sports club C
        Thursday  19.00   address...

   Sports club D
        Monday    17.45   address...
etc.

These values are in one table, because the content is maintained with excel,
and then imported into the db when there are any changes.

I got one version somehow working with PREFIX-change, but when I created a
nested PREFIX-change (described here
http://icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-September/012871.html
), I got problems with sorting the output and empty values..

Any help is very much appreciated!

Rene