[ic] Perl embedded bounce

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 3 22:34:01 2002

Kevin Walsh wrote:

>>What is wrong with this tag?
>>
>> $Tag->bounce({ href=>$page, if=>"1" });
>>
>>I have tried countless variations and it just won't produce... No
>>errors, no nothing except a blank page on the page source that contains
>>the perl with this statement...
>>

>There is no $Tag->bounce().  Try this instead:

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or a pain in the ass, I'm running very
low on gas, I'm simply trying to learn the system as it is documented
and coded.  In the 4.8.5 tag docs, it states:

Tag expansion example:

   [bounce href if]
---
   TAG RESULT

ASP-like Perl call:

   $Tag->bounce(  { href => VALUE_href
                     if => VALUE_if}, $body  );

or similarly with positional parameters,

    $Tag->bounce(href,if, $attribute_hash_reference, $body);

and if you look in the Util.pm code, it exists as well but most of that code is way over my head at this
moment.

>    $Tag->tag({ op => 'header', body => <<EOB });
>    Location: $page
>    EOB

My question about this route is that 'bounce' states that once detected,
all further ITL processing ceases on that page, which is what I want and
need.  I get the destinct impression that the above code may redirect
but not necessarily cease the page processing by IC.  Is that correct?

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028