[ic] Finally Launched my Interchange Site.

wvaughan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 4 09:14:03 2002

Darren wrote:
> Thanks for all the help from everyone.  We finally launched our Online
> Store this weekend, using Interchange 4.8.6.  Check it out and let me
> know what you think or if you find anything wrong.

Just a coupla things...

	o  Why do you have the "Buy Now" buttons off center?
	o  The typefaces seem hard to read in Netscape & IE
	o  Why would anyone buy from you? All you give people is
	  "buy, buy, buy..". Unless your customers already know of you
          from other media, why should they exchange any money
	  for your goods? What makes you different?

	  I did a search for "Unicorn Plate with Stand", and identical
	  plate seems to be $14.95 from many of other websites.

	  So what is the chances that you'll get the sale?
	  (I do NOT mean you have to be lowest cost provider)

I hate to be harsh, but it's going to take more than putting up a website.
Do you travel every weekend to fleamarkets selling these items for those
who only purchase items when they can touch them first? If so, let people
know where they can see you in person. Just knowing that it is possible to
see you somewhere is comforting to a large percentage of people.

Otherwise I'd suspect that your only customers are going to be friends
and family trying to help you out.