[ic] locale: decimals truncated

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 07:50:03 2002

Quoting Alessandro Scudieri (Scudieri@openinformatica.it):
> Hi,
> I have problems with locale currency presentation: if  I set any locale
> different from en_US as the default (eg. it_IT, but I have tried also with
> fr_FR and de_DE), decimals of any currency number (price, shipping, etc.)
> are truncated (eg. 23,67 -> 23,00). If instead I leave en_US as the default
> decimals are ok.
> Then, following the links (put on index.html):
> <A HREF="[area href="process/locale/it_IT/page/index"]">Italiano</A>
> <A HREF="[area href="process/locale/en_US/page/index"]">English</A>
> decimal are also ok.
[snip]
> - catalog.cfg (locale stuff):
> # Last locale specified is the default.
> Locale          it_IT LC_CTYPE C
> Locale          en_US LC_CTYPE C
>
> (if I invert this last two lines, again decimals are always truncated to
> ,00).
>
> Is this a my error, a bug or.. a feature?

The first thing we need to determine is the situation. Try setting
some product prices in the database to N,NN format, leaving the rest
at N.NN. Are the ones specified at N,NN displaying properly?

That will tell us whether Perl is expecting N,NN in the price data.

Then put the price data back to N.NN and try these as your last lines:

Locale          it_IT
Locale          en_US
Locale          it_IT default 1

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown