[ic] Using convert-date to convert an integer into weekdays

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 5 17:56:02 2002

Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the [convert-date] tag to convert an integer into a
> localized weekday-name by forcing a new locale in front of the code( [set
> mv_locale]fi_FI[/set][convert-date fmt="%a"), but it returns me Wed. Is
> there any other trick I could use for converting an Integer into a day-name,
> or do I have to create a separate table with these values. The reason why
> I'm using integers is that I can sort my sql-query with this value.

You have to do [setlocale name=fi_FI persist=1]. I think perhaps
you can also do:

	[convert-date locale=fi_FI fmt="%a"][/convert-date]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman