[ic] Problem with multi-part forms and certain internet connections?

Sun Sep 8 12:58:02 2002

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> Hi all -
>
> I have a client running IC 4.8.5 on a Slackware linux box (kernel 2.4.17)
> with Apache 1.2.23. He was complaining he couldn't use certain functions,
> both standard demo/UI features as well as customized ones I had written,
> without getting internal server errors. Eventually I determined that he
> could not post any forms which had the parameter
> enctype="multipart/form-data" - that was what was causing the errors.
> Regular forms and all other features worked fine.
>
> I could never reproduce the error at my office, but I have done so from
> home, where I use a different internet connection (Cable at home vs DSL
> from work).
>
> There is a corresponding IC error.log entry when the error occurs:
>
> (IP address) - - [08/September/2002:18:09:54 +0200] -
> /cgi-bin/catname/admin/export_table.html CGI mapping error:
> multipart/form-data sent incorrectly:
>  > id=tAYeWdHo&mv_pc=523
>
> The apache error log just gives the "Premature end of script headers" error.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?

If you have TolerateGet set to Yes, set it to No. If it still is a
problem, try updating to 4.8.6 as I believe there was a bug fix somewhere
in there.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer