[ic] Text Entry on Line Items

Daniel A. Shockley interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 9 23:49:01 2002

Hello,

I've managed to make a Text Entry Option for an item in the cart. It
shows on the order page, but does not get included in the receipt,
order email, or elsewhere.

Here's a quick instruction list I followed to make the Text Entry
display and take a value:
Choose an Item, then click Options
Choose Simple Options
Put in Name, Label
Go to Admin -> Tables -> Options (edit it)
Associated item, Option name, Matrix Options = Matrix options, first
Value (message in box), Widget type = Text entry,
Item -> Options -> Choose OK in the form
NOW, choose Option type:Matrix - Change
Change to Simple Options

Now, I know there are several places I need to edit to have this
routed into the order, receipt, and so on.

I see in log_transaction the [item-list] contains a line, for example:
shipmode: [item-modifier mv_shipmode]

What would the equivalent be for my option, if it has the following properties:
code	dantest4	  (which is the sku of the item it's attached to)
o_master	1
associated item	dantest4
option name	my_crew
Label	My Crew

and so on...

The generated HTML code on the checkout page for a sample order I made shows:
<input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="my_crew"><INPUT
TYPE=text NAME="my_crew0" SIZE="60" VALUE="Bob, Sarah, Jeff, Matthew">

Is it as simple as adding [item-modifier mv_item_option] or
[item-modifier my_crew] to the log_transaction, receipt, and so on?
If so, which of those do I use?

Thanks in advance for any help, or advice.
--
----
Daniel A. Shockley, Database Programmer