[ic] Authorize.net still not working

Schuyler W Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 12 18:52:00 2002

> "(authorizenet): Charge failed, reason: Authorizenet error: . Please call
in
> your order or try again."
>
> Here is the relevant section of my catalog.cfg file:
>
> Variable    AUTHNET_ID authnetid
> Variable    AUTHNET_MODE custom authorizenet
> Variable    AUTHNET_REFERER
> Variable    AUTHNET_SECRET secret
> Variable    AUTHNET_SERVER secure.authorize.net
> Variable    MV_PAYMENT_ID       Payment
> Variable    MV_PAYMENT_MODE  authorizenet       Payment
> Variable    MV_PAYMENT_REFERER  Payment
> Variable    MV_PAYMENT_SECRET   Payment
> Variable    MV_PAYMENT_SERVER   Payment
> Variable    MV_DEMO_MODE 0
> Variable    PAYGATE authorize
>

> Route  authorizenet  id           authnetid
> Route  authorizenet  secret       secret
> Route  authorizenet  host         secure.authorize.net
> Route  authorizenet  referer      www.mydomain.com
>

> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Note: I am using powersurge.net for hosting, so I dont have access to the
> interchange configuration files for logging options.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jonah "Frustrated in Phoenix" Neugass

I had the same problem, but was able to uncomment the logging options in
AuthorizeNet.pm in order to troubleshoot. Since it does not give you the
"reason text" for the error, chances are that you are not connecting to
authorizenet. This could be due to any number of things -- the problem I
encountered was an issue with OpenSSL. You may want to make sure your web
host has Interchange configured properly for authorizenet. This will not
help with this particular problem, but you can put authorizenet in test mode
by adding the line:
Route  authorizenet  test          TRUE

Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev