[ic] UI Menu

Schuyler W Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 16 19:06:01 2002

This really doesn't have much to do with actual ic functionality, but more
to do with the interface. I've been customizing the ic admin ui to add a
link to the quickbooks admin on the top menu. In the process I noticed that
the nifty mouseover for the "Administration" item does not "stay on" when it
is chosen (IC 4.8.6 foundation). If you are like me and don't want to have a
rouge menu item that doesn't want to act like the others and let you when
it's been chosen, this is how I "fixed it".

It looks like in the template page, UI_STD_HEAD, that the image selection
(up or dn) is selected by name.

[if scratch ui_class_[am-param name]][am-param img_up][else][am-param
img_dn][/else][/if]

Actually "am-param img_up" should be "am-param img_sel", if you want the
"img_sel" field in the "icmenu" table to be meaningful. But I digress. In
the icmenu table, the entry for the "Top" menu group item "Admin" is named
"Administration". This name field can be changed to "Admin" to match the
class name and then the proper menu image will be displayed when
"Administration" is selected from the main menu. I tried it out on the demo
running on redhat, and it looks like it did the trick.

--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev