[ic] 3 levels of categories

Brent Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 25 15:07:01 2002

Hi,

I've just spent the last few hours searching through the maillist archive=
s=20
trying to find out anything & everything I can about implementing 3 level=
=20
categories in IC.  I've previously done so by just adding a parent field =
to=20
the cat table so that u can just have n-levels of categories & by the loo=
ks=20
(as far as i have been able to make out), this integrates quite well with=
 the=20
tree tag (feel free to let me know if i've got this wrong ;)).

Anyway, my main query is how (if at all) this is currently implemented in=
 the=20
admin system in 4.8x, and how (once again - if at all) it will be impleme=
nted=20
in 4.9/5.0.  Alternatively if you could point me in the direction of some=
=20
docs outlining this area it'd be much appreciated. The reason I ask, is i=
t=20
won't be much point going ahead and adding an extra field to the cat or=20
products table & then find that its implemented in a completely different=
 way=20
in the next version etc.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brent Kelly,