[ic] access permission questions

Andrew C. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 9 17:53:00 2003

Hello icdevgroup list again.

I have been playing with the permissions in the admin tool and even
directly in postgresql to get non super users certain rights.

Basically I have setup a group with permission on a table, table_parent
and another table, table_child that I would like to give the group full
permissions on.

access.asc for this group now has:
yes_tables with "normal" tables and the following:
table_parent=vecd table_child=vecd

yes_functions with the following:
item=lve page=lv cat=lv tax=lv shipping=lv payment=lv affiliate=lv
itemtype=lve pagetype=lv grouptype=lv matrix=lv knar=lv layout=lv
order=lve orderstats trafficstats env_vars stats techadmin sitedesign
gentable userdb=lvp

When the user logs into the admin tool in this group he/she clicks table
and gets NO list of tables.  Accessing the table by typing in the link
in the address bar or through a hard coded hyperlink works, but I don't
know why the table listing does not work.  The user can also add records
to the tables but can not edit an existing record (even if he/she
created it).

I am looking for a link(s) or some information.  I searched the list
archives and the ic site without any luck.  Even just info on the admin
tool other than the IC doc that does not really mention permission and
the short blurb on access.asc.

I am running IC 4.9.5 with parts of the 4.8.6 admin tool UI, etc. still
although I have never been able to figure this out.

Thank you.

------
Andrew