[ic] affliates, shipping options and learning interchange

Bryce Wells interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 28 15:49:00 2003

New to the interchange mailing list, could use some help . . .

1) I understand what affiliates are and how to set them up in the
affiliates manager section (I think), but I cannot get the links to work
properly.  My understanding is that if someone clicks on the affiliate
link (for example, http://www.myserver.com/cgi-bin/store?mv_pc=affilID),
they should be directed to the 'linkback' URL that you input in the Edit
affiliate -> URL field.  In this manner, you can give each affiliate a
unique ID and direct any persons coming through that link to a product
or specific page.

Here's my question . . . I've set up the affiliate but the re-direct is
NOT working.  It tracks the history and orders coming through that link,
but it just dumps any user who clicks on the affiliate link to the home
page.  Anyone have a clue as to why?

2) I would like to set up some of the items in my store to have "Free
Shipping" - but I cannot seem to setup anything to do that. Can someone
please point me in the right direction for a possible solution?  The
only thing I can do right now is turn off the shipping charge for ALL
products and obviously I do not want to do that.

3) Finally, I have found the documentation and information archives to
be lacking.  I cannot find most of what I am looking for, and what I do
find seems to be disorganized and convoluted.  Is there somewhere I
should go for superior documentation?  Are there companies who offer
training on Interchange?

Thanks in advance.

Bryce