[ic] Help with matrix options

Wed Apr 30 09:51:01 2003

Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
> I am trying to get matrix options working with sku's in the products
> database.  I have read and read and tried many different variations, but
> nothing seems to work.  Here is my last attempt in modifying the options
> table.  I turned the table sideways to fit in the email.  The first part is
> the IC setup that works with it's own code.  The second I change the code
> field to point to a sku in the products table.  The first one works fine,
> but when I change the codes I do not get a select list.  These are the only
> fields that are not empty in the options table.
>
> I have read that people have got this working, but I am sure missing
> something here.  I am running with RH 7.3, MySQL 3.23.54, IC 4.9.7, perl
> 5.6.1 .

Suggest you change your "options" table to match the 4.9.7 ones from
foundation, and add the "variant" table. Then add a field "option_type"
in the products table, and put in catalog.cfg:

	OptionsEnable   option_type

At that point the UI should work well for the Matrix type.

It would be good to update to the latest 4.9.7 from nightly_build,
too.

Best,
Mike
--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown